What: Wild Salmon (fresh is ALWAYS best, but it works with frozen, too), Frank's Redhot Sauce, and panko bread crumbs (I've also used italian style, or even combined the two, and it's just as good -- you can play with it yourself).
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (we love Frank's)
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese style bread crumbs)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (2 pound) piece salmon fillet (definitely try to use wild caught).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in upper third of oven. Lightly oil a shallow baking pan. Melt butter with hot sauce and 1/4 tsp. of each salt and pepper over medium heat. Set aside 1/4 c. of sauce. T
- Toss bread crumbs with oil in a small bowl. Place salmon, skin side down, in pan and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. each of salt (I use garlic salt for this part), and fresh ground pepper. Pour prepared hot sauce mixture over salmon, and sprinkle crumbs evenly over the top of the fish. Then bake until top is golden and fish is just cooked through (16 to 22 minutes).
- Serve reserved sauce on side.
Craving Level: WEEKLY