What: Authentic Mexican Guacamole
- 4 Haas avocados (mashed, leaving some small chunks)
- 1/4 cup onion diced (scallions will work, too, if you don't have onion)
- 1-2 green chilis chopped or diced (serrano or jalapeno)
- Lemon juice (half a lemon, or a little more if you like lots of lemon)
- Olive oil (1/2 to 1 tablespoon, depending on the size of the avocados)
- 1 and 1/2 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- Fresh chopped cilantro (to taste, we like a lot!)
Why it's The Best: What's different and unique about this recipe is the olive oil. The chef said (and he's right) it gives it a creaminess to the avacados -- also different is that the recipe using a lemon instead of limes.
How We Know: From the numerous requests we've had for the recipe from our guests who have tasted it at our home.
Craving level: Weekly, especially in the summer.