So how do you get them to experiment? Well, in our family it's trying exotic dishes. One thing the pancake eater will try is wild game...go figure. His list of exotic dishes ranges from antelope to salmon roe. If fact, he keeps a running list in his head. The best place to take the future foodies for experimenting...a little French-Russia restaurant in Great Falls, VA.
What: The Serbian Crown restaurant.
Why it's the Best: the menu is like noting you've ever seen, here's a sample:
- Emu w/ Green Peppercorn Sauce (I had this during our most recent visit - outstanding)
- Antelope w/ Wild Mushrooms & Port Wine Sauce (the Pancake eater enjoyed this dish)
- Boneless Rabbit 'Russian Style', Marinated in Sour Cream
- Venison St. Hubert w/ Marsala Sauce
- Marinated Wild Boar
- Molard Duck, Braised in Sauerkraut
- Roast Suckling Pig ( Winter Season )
- Scaloppini of Lion w/ Wild Mushrooms ( Winter Season ) (no idea what this is...)
How We Know: The restaurant is dated (unless you're a fan of red velvet), and the crowd can be on the sparse, and on the grey side, but for something "out of the ordinary" this is the place. Besides after "kissing" a few volkas you may not care where you are or what you're eating.
Craving Level: Once a year, usually duing winter.
Direction and reviews: Tripadvisor